ENSALADANG CRISPY DILIS

Finally, after 10 years, I'm back here in Makati. Miraculously, I got a job. Well, I said miraculously because amidst the surge of the Covid-19 and after so many job applications I have sent to different companies, I finally got a job. Not just a job, but a dream job in a dream company. Oh yeah, for me it is a miracle and an answer to my fervent prayer.

Being here in the city, I so missed the province so much. I can't go home because of the ECQ. Holy week had passed and now, April 9th holiday also has passed, still I cannot go home. And yeah, I am craving...craving for a lot of foods in the province like the "tuyo" or dried fish, buro or fermented rice, oh my , those are my favorites. 

I know I have to do something to ease that cravings. I walked around and look for those kinds of foods. And voila, I found one - the ensaladang dilis. Oh my gosh, I am just so happy.


I am sharing you the recipe of Ensaladang dilis below and believe me, you will need more rice to this kind of dish.

Here it goes:

1 cup dried dilis. 4 mediums size tomatoes, 1 green mango - thinly slice into cubes, 2 medium size onions ( better if you have sibuyas tagalog ) diced. 2-3 chilis ( red and green ), 5 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp. calamansi or lemon juice.

  1. Fry the dilis until crispy. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, combine, tomatoes, cube green mango, onions, chilis and fried dilis.
  3. Add the vinegar and lemon/calamansi juice. Mix.
  4. Taste and add salt if needed (since dried dilis is already salty).
  5. Serve and enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SWEET AND SOUR FISH FILLET

FINGER FOODS DESSERTS FOR CHILDREN’S PARTIES (OR EVEN FOR COCKTAIL PARTIES )